Monday 9 March 2009

Thai Dinner-With an English Touch ;-)

Last week we were working very late in office (a normal routine) and we decided to have dinner outside (Free ka chandan ghis mere nandan).As always we spent more time deciding the place and we came up with usual options Indian restaurant, Nandos(A big hit amongst us desis),pizza. I wanted to try something different and hence I wanted to visit a Thai restaurant (not sure why) but not many in my team were interested in having Thai food. Finally they ended up being there on my insistence (I am the BOSS , na na...I had to request/plead everyone) but everyone (including the veggies) were very pleased with the food served. My choice clicked with my desi teammates and the monkey was off my back. I was very worried before the meal was served as my teammates would have killed me if the food was not to their satisfaction but their acceptance of my choice brought me more pleasure than the food that was served to me (even the chef would not have been so happy about the food as I was). As you are all aware its recession (sorry for using this word) all around we were working on a very limited budget that day. All of us used our mental calculators to come with an order within a 10£ budget and Yes ! (ya hooooooooo) we were well within our budget. At the end of the meal each of us guessed the exact amount and finally I came up with the closest guess( Not because I am better than others in calculation but because I was calculating he bill all the while ;-) as I had to claim the bill ).Finally our British banker Mr Shan did the honors of paying the bill.
Had a very long day today (Its only Monday :-( .The day was very hectic and poor me I didn’t even got time to follow the news updates. We were working very late and planned to eat outside today. We were having a discussion on the cuisine and restaurant that we planned to target tonight. We had almost zeroed in on a Thai restaurant when my manager asked us if we were interested in joining them. The answer was an obvious yes (cashless transaction) ,still out of curiosity (read 'keeda' which I always have) I opened my mouth (few would have said not againnnnnnnnnnn) and asked my manager where are we planning to go and the answer was Thaiiiiiiii :-D. We were still having discussion on whether to join these guys or try our tried and tested Gulshan restaurant (where we get free pakodas as an incentive) but the temptation of having a cashless transaction (also because of few dal badloos) clinched the deal for Thai food.
We ordered loads of food today as we were not under no budgetary constraint (as our release manager was paying the bill) and hence we could try much more option. We spent a lot of time comparing the two menus but we could not come up with a winner, few of us preferred today’s place but few were of the opinion that the earlier place was good. To conclude this we will have to try the places all over again (which means late night working again) and we are short of time as our execution ends very soon.

3 comments:

  1. You could have let the junta know how fast you eat talking incessantly in the mean time...

    eating a whole chicken while the others are just indulged in your preaching :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. sahi hai....full aish chal raha hai....njoing thai in london in RECESSION

    ReplyDelete
  3. buddy u r a star.. mast maza aaya eh sab padke... :-) keep writing atleast one in a week so that i wont be get bored in this bloody US

    ReplyDelete